Advanced nonlinear control and navigation systems for autonomous surface crafts
The aims of this project are twofold: i) to conceive, develop, and test new advanced high performance navigation and control strategies for underactuated ASCs, and ii) to develop the DELMAC Autonomous Surface Craft and all the onboard real-time systems for navigation, control, and mission control. This project will boost the development of advanced, high performance, nonlinear control and navigation algorithms that will improve the current level of autonomy of ASVs. Their real time onboard implementation will allow demonstrating the efficacy of the DELMAC ASC as an autonomous platform with enormous potential for carrying out bathymetric surveys. Equipped with onboard advanced navigation and control systems, it will be fully showed how the DELMAC ASC can: i) be easily launched from shore, ii) progress towards the site of interest, iii) maneuver along pre-determined paths even in the presence of ocean currents, and iv) return to a safety harbor, all in autonomous mode.
Funding: FDCT (co-funded by UM)
Reference Number: FDCT/065/2014/A
Articles in Journals (3)
1. Pedro Batista, Carlos Silvestre, and Paulo Oliveira, Navigation Systems Based on Multiple Bearing Measurements, IEEE TAES, 51(4): 2887-2899, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/TAES.2015.140515
2. Daniel Viegas, Pedro Batista, Paulo Oliveira, Carlos Silvestre, On the stability of the continuous-time Kalman filter subject to exponentially decaying perturbations, Systems & Control Letters, 89: 41–46, 2006. DOI: 10.1016/j.sysconle.2015.10.012
3. Daniel Viegas, Pedro Batista, Paulo Oliveira, Carlos Silvestre, Decentralized state observers for range-based position and velocity estimation in acyclic formations with fixed topologies, Int. J. Robust Nonlinear Control, 26:963–994, 2016. DOI:10.1002/rnc.3346
Articles in Conferences (3)
1. João Almeida, P. Oliveira, C. Silvestre, and A. Pascoal, State estimation of nonlinear systems using the Unscented Kalman Filter, IEEE TENCON, Macao, November 2015.
2. Pedro Batista, Carlos Silvestre, and Paulo Oliveira, Globally Convergent Relative Attitude Observers for Three-Platform Formations, Proceedings of the 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Osaka, Japan, December, 2015.
3. Pedro Batista, Carlos Silvestre, and Paulo Oliveira, Pseudo-Range Navigation with Clock Offset and Propagation Speed Estimation, Proceedings of the 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Osaka, Japan, December, 2015.
Reports and Theses (3)
1. Sensor Based Cooperative Robotics Research Laboratory. DELMAC: Hardware and Software Description, July, 2015.
2. Zhenning Yu, Nonlinear Control of an Underactuated Autonomous Surface Vehicle, MSc Thesis in Electromechanical Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau, 2015.
3. Wei Xie, Robust Motion Control of Underactuated Autonomous Surface Craft, MSc Thesis in Electromechanical Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, University of Macau, 2016.